The best nonprofit websites and event pages will showcase your mission and spark an emotional response from your supporters. However creating beautiful pages with a slick user experience is only half of the challenge! You need to know what is actually working well on your page and more importantly, what isn't.
🧐 Why should nonprofits care about Google Analytics?
Using Google Analytics enables you to measure your return on online investment, identify the most impactful acquisition strategies and measure the success of your marketing campaigns.
When setting up and tailoring Google Analytics for your site you should consider the following:
- What do you want visitors to do on your site?
- What goals are you working towards?
- How will you measure success?
- What metrics do you need/want to measure and report on?
- Is data reporting part of your decision making process?
🚀 Get The Basics Right, Everytime
Google Analytics can't show you the personal user experience on your site but will show you how a visitor got there and what they spent their time doing. This will help you understand the areas of your site that are leading to positive goal conversions and the areas that need improvement.
- Continually test the user journey you want visitors to take
- Reduce the amount of steps needed for visitors to complete a goal
- Ensure that UTM codes and tag management is applied across all touch points
- Regularly review and monitor you analytics dashboard
- Use year-on-year comparisons to identify areas for improvement
💰 Always Consider the Cost
A saturated online market makes it difficult to differentiate yourself from your competitors. As a result, the cost of acquisition through advertising is expensive and will only continue to increase. This means that the quality of your advertising must be as high as possible, across all platforms.
- Focus on maximising your ROI
- Segment and optimise your advertising as much as possible
- Stick to a budget and don’t thrown money at your problems
- Balance your advertising spend across multiple channels
- Always look for learning opportunities & don’t dwell on things that haven’t paid off
It's important to remember that online advertising acquisition and website experience are separate things and should always be managed independently.
We're Here To Help 🙌
Google Analytics can seem daunting for even the most seasoned of professionals but getting to grips with performance tracking could be the key to taking your 2022 events to the next level.
If you’re looking to start your Google Analytics journey from scratch or want to discuss the smartest ways to leverage the Funraisin platform, our team is always here to help.
Book a Demo